Going on vacation is supposed to be a way to break your routine, relax, and eliminate stress. But what good is a getaway if you come home to sky-high energy bills, or worse, a mini flood or fire emergency? Don’t let your lack of preparation get in the way of recharging your batteries. Prepare your home to maximize energy efficiency and reduce the risk of unexpected emergencies before heading out on vacation.
- Ask a trusted neighbor to keep an eye on your home, providing them with your emergency contact information and a spare key
- Unplug all small appliances and electronic devices
- Turn off water valves to the dishwasher, washing machine, and all sinks
- Put the water heater in vacation mode
- Turn the thermostat to a temperature that is less comfortable, but still protects your pets and plants
By following these steps prior to your departure, you help to ensure that your time spent away will be carefree and budget-friendly. When you aren’t within range to address problems, peace of mind is priceless, and minimizing risk is the first step in achieving it.
If you should have a plumbing, electrical, or HVAC emergency, please give us a call at (949) 245-6320.